Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Metro-North Begins Quiet Car Service on New Haven Line Starting Jan 9, 2012

January 3, 2012 - Metro-North advised its New Haven line riders that 'Quiet Car' service on trains between Grand Central and its Danbury, Waterbury and New Haven destinations with flyers. The northern-most car on am peak service and southern-most pm peak select trains will have the new offering. Reverse rush hour trains are not involved in this pilot program.

Commuters on these trains need to follow 4 rules:
  • do not use cell phones
  • disable sound features on computers and other electronic devices
  • conduct conversations in subdued tones
  • use headphones at levels that will not be heard by fellow commuters.

The New Haven line joins its sister Harlem and Hudson line trains with the new 'quiet calmute' service designated with a 'Q' on the timetable beginning January 9th.

Quiet car violators will be notified by a conductor with a quiet calmute 'shhh' card that explains the rules in English and Spanish.

The new passenger experience comes on the heels of an announced 19% six years in a row Connecticut line fare increase to cover the cost of the new M-8 emu (electric multiple unit) cars and infrastructure improvements. According to Connecticut Governor Malloy, the implemented January 1 increase is necessary to pay for dependable service and equipment.

Caption: A Metro-North push-pull commuter train from Danbury CT on the lower level of Grand Central Terminal.

5 comments:

  1. Limousine in Long Island limo provide many good services, I like it very very much.


    Long Island Limo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both

    educative and entertaining, and let me inform you. you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is something that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something referring to this.

    Private Car & limousine service

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the
    blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
    minicabs to Heathrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
    limo service

    ReplyDelete